Wednesday, June 6, 2012

FEAR

My two greatest fears have always been needles and heights. When I was a little kid, my mother said that I never had a fear of getting shots at the doctor. When I got older however, I developed a big fear of needles. I dread getting shots at the doctor and I did have an incident where I became light headed and almost fainted upon receiving one. It is weird though, because on television I can normally watch people getting shots except in one particular area on their arm.The video below illustrates the area that I am talking about. I feel for this girl because this is one reason that I never donate blood, no matter how many free cookies and punch I would receive. Whenever I see someone getting a shot there I normally cringe and can't watch.



My second fear is heights. This fear is quite ironic because I love roller coasters  and I also have a huge desire to go skydiving sometime in my life. I am afraid of being high in the air unrestrained. If I am climbing a ladder for example, I get really nervous when I look down because I am afraid that I will fall down. If I was on top of a tall building and looked down I would probably pee my pants. This would be an example of something that would freak me out.


Oh Shit!


I think that the majority of the class will either share in one or both of the fears that I have or at the most have a somewhat discomfort in the two. I know that there were a few people in the class already that didn't enjoy roller coasters so they may have a fear of heights to accompany that as well. I also figure that no one in the class enjoys getting shots at the doctor, so a few of my classmates may have the same fear as well.


After presenting to the class, my hypothesis was pretty much correct. A few other people in the class had the same fear as I had. I did get a little uncomfortable though when a few people in the class started talking to me about donating blood and things of the like. I became a bit light headed and shaky. All in all though the class didn't make fun of me or anything for having these fears since these two fears are considered pretty common.



No comments:

Post a Comment